Amagwinya(Fat cakes). Steps Pour half a cup of warm water and yeast in a jug so it starts bubbling. Mix all the dry ingredients together and pour the yeast mixture and stir. Pour the warm water into the flour mixture gradually, stir until the mixture is soft but not too watery or runny.
To any Tswana-speaking person, magwinya, also known as fat cakes, need no introduction. To the rest of the world, this is what puts a smile on the faces of millions of people in Botswana and South Africa. Amagwinya(Fat cakes) Hello everybody, hope you're having an amazing day today. You can cook Amagwinya(Fat cakes) using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amagwinya(Fat cakes)
- It’s 6 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 sachet of yeast.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- Prepare of Luke warm water.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
Today, I'm gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, amagwinya(fat cakes). One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. Amagwinya(Fat cakes) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world.
Amagwinya(Fat cakes) step by step
- Sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add water bit by bit and mix until all the ingredients have combined (the dough must not be too wet).
- Leave the mixture in a warm place for the dough to rise or double in size.
- Cut the dough into your desired size or shape and fry until golden brown.
- Serve with your desired filling (mince,French, etc).
Magwinya is one of the most loved food in Botswana. Its a type of food you can't miss in the morning, afternoon or dinner time. You can serve it with soup,te. Go for it: The South African amagwinya are by far the fattest fat cakes around. The snack ladies selling lollipops and cheesy poofs at the schools carry these in a big bucket, and if you don't get there before the kids do, you will miss out.