Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Pan-fried chicken simmers in a creamy Marsala sauce in this quick recipe. Reviews for: Photos of Chicken with a Creamy Marsala Sauce. I made a few changes based on what we had available in the house – Pino grigio rather than Marsala wine and crushed garlic in place of ground mustard.
Creamy Chicken Marsala in a delicious mushroom sauce rivals any restaurant! Cook a chef tasting chicken recipe right at home like a pro! Mustard-mascarpone-marsala sauce gives chicken and pasta the "mmm!" factor. You can have Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- You need of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- You need 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- Prepare 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- Prepare 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. This easy chicken marsala recipe is a classic! Tender pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala Juicy pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala cream sauce.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce step by step
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
An indulgent, creamy pasta sauce that will have everyone's mouths watering. PagesMediaTV & filmTV networkFood Network UKVideosChicken with Mustard, Marscarpone and Marsala Sauce. This delectable, tangy, strange, creamy, and bold pan sauce is one of my favorites, and I'm getting ready to tell you why. Pan sauces are my life, and this tangy mustard sauce makes chicken (or pork chops.or medium rare steak) delectable. The addition of brandy gives it a decidedly different.