Processing of akpu/fufu. What you need to cook; Pot, Boiling kettle, Turning stick, Scooper, Measuring cup etc. How to Cook Fufu/Akpu • If frozen, allow to thaw • Pour Fufu Delight. Fufu is traditionally processed on a household-scale and has not been industrialised.
Process Cassava Fufu from Cassava Tubers (Yuca) Fufu (or foofoo, fufuo, foufou) is a staple food common in many countries in West Africa and Central Africa such as Ghana, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Liberia, Cote D'Ivoire, Benin, Togo, Nigeria. Fufu and Akpu, a fermented wet paste from cassava is also widely consumed throughout the country especially in the southern zones. You can cook Processing of akpu/fufu using 4 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Processing of akpu/fufu
- Prepare of Cassava.
- You need of Cutlass.
- You need of Morta and pestle.
- It’s of Pot.
A processing technology has also been developed for village level production of dried fufu flour using a simple drier that can operate in areas with or without electricity. Cassava fufu is known by many different names: Akpu (in Igbo), Loi Loi, Santana and Mr White. The only ingredients you need to prepare Cassava Fufu meal is the raw cassava fufu and water. My grandma and others from her generation add unripe local banana (unere) which they boil and pound.
Processing of akpu/fufu step by step
- Harvest your raw cassava from your farm or buy get from you local markets.
- Peel it.
- Wash properly to be sparkling white.
- Soak with water and leave for about 3 to 4days to ferment.
- Then filter it with your sieve to get the cassava paste.when done, allow to settle for sometime.
- Then pour out the water in it. You will get your paste 👇 👇.
- Pour in a bag and tie the bag properly to avoid spilling. Then place something heavy on it that can make it drain water fast..
- Before pounding, mix your cassava with little water like you do your flour.
- Mould very big and put in a pot on fire and allow to simmer for about 30s or a minute.
- Remove from the pot and pound very well.. Should in case you notice any lumps in it, add little salt to the pot on fire. It will dissolve the lumps when it's finally done.
- Now mould it again. But this time it should be very small and make a hole in the mould and put in the pot on fire and allow to cook for about 10 to 15mins.
- Bring out and pound.
- Pound till it's very smooth..
- Your akpu is ready. Enjoy with any soup of your choice. Have any questions where you're confused? Please do in the comment section. Thank you.
I eat Garri and Fufu at least twice a week. We love our fufu be it corn fufu , yam fufu or cassava fufu (water fufu). Fufu, foo foo or fou fou is a starchy side that is usually eaten with In Nigeria, it is called Cassava Fufu or Akpu. You'll see me walk you through the entire process and share lots of tips on how to make your own Water Fufu. Processed products include: garri, akpu, fufu, cassava flour, abacha, starch, tapioca and kpo kpo garri.