Decorated Sushi Cake. This is a variation of it and it has become very popular. Decorated Sushi Cake In Japan, there is a type of Sushi called 'Oshi-zushi', that is made by pressing Sushi Rice and Toppings into a special mould, then it is cut into bite sized pieces to serve. This is a variation of it and it has become very popular.
The cake is wrapped in fondant and then decorated with with sprinkles and fondant to look like the real thing. Decorated Sushi Cake In Japan, there is a type of Sushi called 'Oshi-zushi', that is made by pressing Sushi Rice and Toppings into a special mould, then it is cut into bite sized pieces to serve. This is a variation of it and it has become very popular. You can cook Decorated Sushi Cake using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Decorated Sushi Cake
- You need of <Sushi Rice>.
- It’s 3 cups (180 ml) of cup) Japanese Short Grain Rice.
- Prepare 75 ml of Rice Vinegar.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Sugar.
- You need 1 of & 1/4 teaspoons Salt.
- Prepare of <Filling>.
- It’s of Canned Tuna (185g can) & Japanese Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/2 of Avocado *sliced.
- It’s of *Other Suggestions: Chicken Soboro (find my recipe), Salmon Flakes, Scrambled Egg, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.
- It’s of <Topping>.
- It’s 3 of Eggs *finely scrambled.
- You need of Sliced of Ham.
- It’s of Carrot *sliced and blanched in salted water.
- You need of Cucumber.
- Prepare of Sliced Cheese.
- Prepare of *Other Suggestions: Smoked Salmon (formed into Rose flowers), Thin Omelet (thinly cut into noodles), Cooked Prawns, Snow Peas, Sugar Snap Pea, Asparagus, Broccolini, Cucumber, etc.
Trim the domed tops of the cakes with a long serrated knife to make them level. Spread frosting on one cake layer, then invert the other layer on top. Spread a thin layer of frosting around the. Sushi Cake is not typical Japanese food you find at Japanese restaurants at all.
Decorated Sushi Cake instructions
- When you cook Rice for sushi, cook with slightly less amount of water to achieve firmer texture. Basically you need same volume of rice and water. If you are using Rice Cooker, set the water level slightly lower than the mark. *Note: Wash rice well before cooking..
- Make Sushi Vinegar by mixing the ingredients together..
- Pour the Sushi Vinegar over the HOT rice, then empty it into a large mixing bowl. Mix it well gently and thoroughly, fanning the rice with a fan or piece of cardboard to help the rice cool quickly. Cover the rice with a damp cloth to stop the rice drying out..
- While Rice is cooking and cooling down, prepare other ingredients for Topping and Filling..
- Line a round cake tin (I used 21cm tin) with plastic food wrap. Fill it with 1/2 Sushi Rice evenly and press down. Arrange Filling ingredients on the rice, cover with remaining 1/2 Sushi Rice, and press down..
- Place a serving plate on the tin, and flip it over to transfer the Sushi Cake onto the plate. Remove the food wrap..
- Decorate it with Topping ingredients. Children are very creative and they will enjoy decorating the cake..
Before anything, it is not a dessert. Sushi Cake is Sushi Rice molded and decorated with fish and vegetables so it looks like a cake. It is very colorful and festive, and a great dish for a celebration of some sort. Sushi cake is a great choice for a party, where everyone can get a small slice of this yummy sushi. Often times, the sushi would be nicely decorated on the top layer with all kind of ingredients.