Ogbolour soup and pounded yam. Pounded Yam and Ogbono Soup – A tasty and hearty Nigerian soup made from Ogbono seeds (bush mango seeds) added with pre-cooked meat. And paired with smooth, tasty and filling Pounded Yam for an extraordinary African meal experience! Ogbono Soup and Pounded Yam When yam is cooked, scoop into a food processor or a wooden mortar.
This soup makes a filling meal when served with fresh Garri (Eba), pounded yam, Fufu. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred to as puna yam, true yam or African yam. You can cook Ogbolour soup and pounded yam using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ogbolour soup and pounded yam
- You need 1 cup of pounded or grinded ogbolour.
- It’s of pounded crayfish.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s of Stock fish.
- Prepare of Dried fish.
- Prepare of Pomo and meat.
- You need of Palm oil.
- You need of Pounded dry pepper.
- It’s of Seasoning (Maggi).
- It’s of Ugba or okpie (optional).
- Prepare of Ewedu leaf or Ogu leaf.
- Prepare of Pounded yam.
- It’s of Yam.
- It’s of Mortar and pestle or yam pounder.
It has a dark brown rough skin with off-white flesh. A tasty and hearty Nigerian OGBONO SOUP and POUNDED YAM meal for an extraordinary African meal experience. Now go grab a big bowl for yourself! Ogbono soup, is a Nigerian igbo dish made with ground dry ogbono seeds (the local name for Irvingia) with considerable local variation.
Ogbolour soup and pounded yam instructions
- Put your put on fire add water normal quantity, meat stock from your boil meat and pour in your palm oil and ogbolour and allow it to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Then test your soup if the ogbolour is not testing raw. And you can know if it is not raw from the looks of the soup.
- Then add your pounded crayfish, sliced ewedu leaf, stock fish, dried fish, Maggi,salt, ugba, sliced cooked meat and promo. Then stir and allow ingredients to bowl for about 10 minutes and test to see if the seasoning (Maggi) is okay. and please be careful about your seasoning (Maggi) so that it will not be over. So I advice put all ingredients and test before adding Maggi..
- Pounded yam: Put your pot on fire add normal quantity of water, add your peeled washed sliced yam in the pot and allow to boil for about 20 minutes.then get your mortar and pestle or yam pounder machine (optional) and turn in your sieved cooked yam and pound till is smooth,then use a big spoon to park the pounded yam on a broken plate.
Ogbono soup and pounded yam from publication: The Design of a Yam pounding Yam is a daily nutritional food requirement for man and in order to facilitate the processing of yam for consumption, a yam pounding machine has. Ogbono soup (draw soup) is one of the most popular soups in Nigeria. Here, you will learn how to make this delicious soup and why it falls into the list of Nigerian popular Here we talked about the process involved in making Nigerian draw soup (ofe ogbono). Ogbono Soup And Pounded Yam Mukbang Freeze Challenge. Nigerian Ogbono Soup And Pounded Yam Couple Mukbang Eating Vlog.