Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus. Cook green onions in olive oil over med. high heat, stirring constantly, for one minute. Add asparagus, mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat drippings over medium-high heat.
After a few minutes stirring the asparagus, toss in the mushrooms. Sauteed asparagus and mushrooms is a wonderfully simple recipe that takes a few minutes and minimal ingredients. Asparagus is a great vegetable that can be prepared easily for a quick weeknight dinner side or served on Valentine's Day or Easter. You can have Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus
- You need of mushrooms (white button, crimini, oyster, etc).
- It’s 1 of "bunch" of asparagus.
- You need 2 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt (a few big pinches) *see the note below*.
First, chop up the mushrooms, asparagus, rosemary and garlic. Next, place a pan over medium heat. Let the pan heat up and then add the ghee to melt. Once the ghee has melted, toss everything into the pan to sauté.
Sauteed mushrooms and asparagus instructions
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into quarters.
- Rinse the asparagus…cut an inch off the ends then cut into 1-2 inch pieces.
- In a medium hot pan add a couple table spoons of oil..
- Add in the mushrooms…spread them out and let them sizzle (without stirring) until the first side is nicely browned..
- Add in the asparagus and saute until tender (with the mushrooms).
- Finish with a sprinkle of salt (kosher or sea salt) either a smoked salt or something like the spruce tip salt I used are good, but plain works as well..
- Serve and enjoy!.
- Note* I used a flavored salt (spruce tip salt), but any large flake salt is good like kosher or sea salt. For a nice smokey flavor you could use a smoked salt..
Sauté asparagus and brown mushrooms separately To brown the mushrooms, you should make sure the pan is hot and avoid overcrowding the pan. Once mushrooms and asparagus have been sautéed separately, we briefly stir-fry them together with butter and garlic. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until glistening. Add all ingredients to skillet; toss to combine. How to make Wild Mushrooms and Roasted ASparagus To make it, begin by tossing the asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a foil-lined sheet pan.