Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole. Spread the sour cream over the cheese layer. Pour the turkey chili mixture over the spaghetti. Spoon the yogurt over the chili and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
I know, I know, it sounds kinda weird, but trust me, once you take your first bite you will be in heaven. Sweet delicious chili baked spaghetti squash casserole heaven. Cheesy Chili Spaghetti Squash Casserole. ibreatheimhungry.com Leslie Robinson Adamic. loading. You can cook Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole
- It’s 3 of # raw spaghetti squash or 2# cooked.
- You need 1 of # ground Turkey.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 T of chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves, minced (or 2 tsp powder).
- Prepare 1 T of fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tsp dried).
- You need 1 of medium tomato, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1/4 C of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1/2 C of chicken broth.
- You need 1 1/2 T of lime juice (1/2 lime).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 1/2 C of Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of queso fresco cheese, grated.
- Prepare of Prepared squash (I used).
Halve the spaghetti squash with a sharp knife and using a spoon, remove seeds before pouring olive oil on the inside of the spaghetti squash and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Spaghetti squash is stirred into spicy chili seasoned ground beef mixture and then layered with cheese in this chili cheese stuffed spaghetti squash recipe. If you need to cook the spaghetti squash: Pierce the spaghetti squash in a few spots with a sharp knife. Using a sharp knife, cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise.
Cheesy chili spaghetti squash casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut open raw squash lengthwise, steam or roast for an hour. When ready, remove 3C of strands with a fork, set aside. You can use the shell for serving if desired..
- In a medium nonstick pan, brown the turkey for 5 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. Add the chipotle peppers, cumin,tomato, onion, cilantro, lime juice, S&P, garlic, oregano and broth. Mix all together and stir well; cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-15 minutes..
- Sprinkle the spaghetti strands with S&P and place in a 9×13 casserole dish or the emptied shells..
- Pour the turkey chili mixture over the spaghetti. Spoon the yogurt over the chili and sprinkle the cheese over the top. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered, or until heated through..
Top with crushed red pepper flakes. Divide mixture evenly among squash halves. For the casserole: In a medium bowl combine the cooked spaghetti squash and melted butter, tossing to coat. Season generously with salt and pepper to taste. Add the cumin, chili, garlic, and oregano; stir well, cover, and reduce heat to low.