Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,. A quick and easy Philly cheese steak made in the style of a Sloppy Joe. Enjoy a salad or sweet potato fries on the side. Cheese: Use the thinly sliced provolone cheese for best results on melting and getting the most flavor for a philly cheese steak sloppy Joe.
We have had Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese sandwiches in our … Sloppy Joes are typically made with ground beef and Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches are usually prepared with thinly sliced ribeye. A Philly cheesesteak is a great sandwich. A sloppy joe is a great sandwich. You can have Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese,
- You need 2 pounds of ground turkey or ground beef (I used ground beef).
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- You need 1 of green bell pepper chopped (if you have an red bell peppers then use some of that too!).
- It’s 1/2 container of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 2-3 of diced (pepperoncinis optional).
- It’s 1-2 of Jalapeño diced (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of A1 Sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of beef broth (just water is fine too, if you don’t have any stock) I used water.
- It’s of salt and pepper to taste garlic to taste.
- Prepare of sliced cheese (I used Provolone cheese or Swiss for this).
- It’s of Hot dog buns or hamburgers buns or any rolls or bread you like (I toast mine then toast it again with meat mixture and cheese on it.
- Prepare of Toppings.
- It’s of Lettuce.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- Prepare of Hot sauce.
- You need of Or can keep it easy with just cheese.
So naturally, when you bring the two together they make an exceptionally great sandwich. Cook the meat mixture on medium heat until they are cooked through. Mix in the rest of the ingredients (you can also add in an extra small can of. There is something special about combining steak and cheese: mouthwatering cheesy, sweet and savory flavor in each bite.
Sloppy Joe Philly steak and cheese, instructions
- Stove top and instant pot. Directions. Cut or dice all veggies I used and onion dicer..
- Brown turkey or beef in a pot. Once browned drain the grease put back in pan add all cut up veggies (I used my instant pot).
- Cook on medium heat until they are cooked through. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Bring to a bubble and then cover and let simmer for a good 10 minutes. Spoon onto any kind of bun. Top with the cheese and Enjoy!.
- Crockpot directions – Just combine everything in the pot and let cook on low all day. (I did everything in my instant pot but put in my crockpot on low to cook it down (2hrs) you could used the instant pot slow cooker but I never used that..
- Notes- I used hot dog buns toasted them, then add the meat mixture and cheese then toasted them again so the cheese was melted. I toasted them so the buns would not get soggy.
I loved the way my mom made them though…. instead of the canned "Manwich" sauce that you add to a pound of ground beef she'd make Campbell's chicken gumbo sloppy joes – they were the best sloppy joes by adding a can of Campbell's Chicken Gumbo soup to. Preheat skillet, add ground beef and break it apart as you cook it into tiny pieces. Add bell pepper and onion to the mix, sautee on medium-high until veggies soften. Top off with cheese and cover with a lid. Whisk in milk, bring up to a bubble and cook until thickened.