Bitter leaf soup served with poundo yam. #Saladmastercookwear #asmr #AfricanFood #food #meals #eat #RachelIdugboe Welcome to my channel, I am excited to share with you different kind of African. Hey, guys welcome back to my channel for today's video I will be eating bitter leaf soup. don't forget to subscribe!!! Cooking this bitter leaf soup especially with a charcoal fire was a delight for me because the soup turned out amazingly well.
Poundo yam, Egwusi and fresh fish. Yam Flour, cold water, boiling water. Easy Efo Riro with poundo yam. You can have Bitter leaf soup served with poundo yam using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bitter leaf soup served with poundo yam
- It’s leaf of Bitter.
- It’s of Cocoyam.
- Prepare of Crayfish.
- It’s of Stock fish.
- It’s of Ogiri (local maggi).
- You need of Dry pepper.
- It’s of Dryfish.
- You need of Beef.
- It’s of Palm oil.
- You need Cube of Seasoning.
He first time I cooked Ego riro I was a good and nutrition student in Egusi soup with pounded yam. My sister brought enough bitter leaf from east so making good use of it in my soup. Bitter Leaf soup is a robust West African soup, predominant in countries like Cameroon, Nigeria and Ghana. This dish is neither a soup nor sauce, but something in between – a slightly soupy vegetable that is served to accompany starchy food like fufu.
Bitter leaf soup served with poundo yam step by step
- Wash the meat, boil it. When it is cooked add the stockfish and dry fish then set aside. Wash the cocoyam very well to remove sand because you are boiling it with the back. When it is soft peel it and put in a mortar and pound to a smooth paste add little palm oil and pound together. Add more water and palm oil to the pot of meat and fish on the fire. Add the pounded cocoyam and allow it to dissolve..
- When the cocoyam dissolve, used small water to dissolve ogiri (local maggi) and add, add pepper, crayfish seasoning cube and salt to taste,.
- Wash the bitter leaf very well to reduce the bitterness and free from sandy particles and add to the boiling pot. Allow it to simmer for 3 minutes..
- Hulalahhh…… Your bitter leaf soup is ready..
- Put water in a pot allow it to boil add your yam flour and turn as if you are making EBA but turn it while the pot is on fire..
- Serve while its hot..
Poundo or semolina is often served with delicious soups such as oha soup, corchorus soup, bitter leaf soup , egusi soup and pounded yam etc. Roasted yams are also a popular street food in rural areas as well as fast food in urban areas in the African continent. Pounded yam goes best with egusi soup in Nigeria, learn how to pound yam in Nigeria, whether you want to try poundo There are many Nigerians that can't do without pounded yam certainly because it is an integral part of the foods eaten in Nigeria. If you are new to Nigerian foods I am going to help. How Bitter Leaf is effective for various diseases is listed in repertory format.