Brad's salmon roll ups with lemon dill cream sauce.
You can cook Brad's salmon roll ups with lemon dill cream sauce using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brad's salmon roll ups with lemon dill cream sauce
- You need 1 of filet king salmon.
- It’s 2 of dungeness crab, deshelled.
- Prepare 2 (8 Oz) of pkg cream cheese, room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- It’s 1/2 of LG onion, chopped.
- You need 1 tbs of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need of For the sauce.
- You need 1/3 cup of butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of flour.
- It’s 3 of lemon, juiced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1 qt of heavy cream.
- You need 1 tsp of granulated chicken bouillon.
- You need 2/3 Oz of fresh dill, chopped. Reserve some for garnish.
- Prepare 9 drops of yellow food coloring, optional.
- You need 1 of lemon cut into wedges for garnish.
Brad's salmon roll ups with lemon dill cream sauce instructions
- Deshelled crab. Mix in a bowl with cream cheese, and fresh basil. Set aside..
- Saute onion in a small frying pan with a little butter. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to sweat off. Add garlic and cook one more minute. Do not let brown. Add white wine. Let liquid reduce almost completely. When done fold into cream cheese mixture. Keep at room temperature..
- Next prepare the salmon fillet. Completely debone fish. Remove fins, and belly locks. Reserve for stock for risotto if desired. Remove pin bones with a pair of pliars..
- Remove skin and filet meat so that it is around a quarter inch thick. It is easier to do this if the fish is chilled. After this cut into chunks around 3 inches wide and as long as possible..
- Place pieces of meat on a board with the long side towards you. Spread crab mixture evenly on top. Roll up to the short side. You should have a long tube about 3 inches around. Using butchers twine, tie around the roll, starting at an inch from the end. Tie every two inches. Repeat this until all of the salmon is rolled and tied..
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut rolls of salmon in between the tied twine. Place in a baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes. After that change temp to 450 and bake another 5 minutes..
- Immediately start the sauce. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Add flour. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes to combine well. Do not let brown. Stir constantly. Add lemon juice first. Stir until incorporated. Next add wine. Do the same. Next add cream a half cup at a time stirring constantly. During this the bouillon and dill can be added and the food coloring if you prefer to use it. Add cream until you get a nice creamy gravy..
- When all is done, plate salmon roll ups. Drizzle with sauce. Garnish with fresh dill and lemon. Serve immediately. Enjoy.