Beefy Skillet Mac-Comfort Food. Brown beef in a hot skillet with oil. Adjust seasoning if needed and add the chopped parsley. Beefy Skillet Mac-Comfort Food is something that I have loved my entire life.
Add onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender but not brown. Stir in water, beef broth, tomato sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add elbow macaroni and return to a boil. You can cook Beefy Skillet Mac-Comfort Food using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beefy Skillet Mac-Comfort Food
- You need 1/2 pound of macaroni- cook the pasta in boiling salted water per the box directions.
- You need 2 ounces of oil.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef (ground turkey is also good.).
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes- optional.
- Prepare 1/2 of each vidalia onion — diced.
- It’s 1/2 of each red bell pepper — diced.
- You need 1/2 of each green bell pepper — diced.
- Prepare 24 ounces of pasta sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley.
In a small skillet, combine the first nine ingredients. Combine beef and the rest of the ingredients (except maccaroni) and cook in skillet over medium-high heat until bubbling. Combine cooked meat mixture with maccaroni and mix well in a large container and serve! Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
Beefy Skillet Mac-Comfort Food instructions
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water..
- Brown beef in a hot skillet with oil..
- Add onions garlic and peppers and seasoning and sauté for 5 minutes and 24 seconds.(+/- 24 seconds :).
- Add sauce and pasta and simmer for 3 minutes let stand for 5 minutes..
- Adjust seasoning if needed and add the chopped parsley..
Add the ground chuck and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook the meat, crumbling as you go,. This dish contains pasta, beef, and cheese. Proceed at your own risk! 😉 Say you grew up on Hamburger Helper (no shame), but now that you're an adult and all classy and stuff, you just can't bring yourself to buy one of those cardboard boxes with the mystery powdered cheese sauce. In a large bowl, beat eggs and pepper until blended.