Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes. How to cook Turkey Chili-Stuffed Baked Potatoes Heat the olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Great recipe for Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes. I used cheese and hot sauce as a topping in this recipe.
Prepare your chili-stuffed baked potatoes when the chili is ready. Slice each potato down the middle, but not all the way through. Placing a hand on each end, gently push in on both ends to open the potato. You can have Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes
- It’s 2 of lbs. Lean Ground Turkey.
- It’s 1 C. of Onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 (14 oz) of Can Diced Tomatoes (do not drain).
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Chipotle Chili Powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1 tsp. of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C. of Non-Fat Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- It’s 6 of Russet Potatoes, baked.
- You need of Hot Sauce, if desired.
Once the Ground Turkey is cooked spoon it into the Crock Pot using a spoon that has slots to allow excess liquid to drain. Halve potatoes and scoop out the potatoe leaving a half-inch layer on the skins. (Reserve the insides of potatoes to make hash brown cakes the next day.) Spray cut side of skins with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper, and roast to crisp. Meanwhile, heat oil in a chili pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Chili stuffed potatoes… the ultimate comfort food combination made healthy!
Turkey Chili Stuffed Potatoes step by step
- In a large skillet, cook onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes..
- Add ground turkey, cook, breaking up while it browns..
- When turkey is almost cooked through, add spices and diced tomatoes..
- Let finish cooking and simmer for 15 minutes..
- Open up the potatoes lengthwise, divide chili among the potatoes. Top each with ¼ C. of cheese and a few dashes of hair sauce, if using..
Our homemade chili is made with lean ground turkey, kidney beans, black beans, and lots of warm spices making it delicious, healthy, and hearty! All you have to do is choose which potato option you'd like and we'll do the rest! While the chili cooks, bake some potatoes. Scoop out the potato flesh and mash with some non-fat plain Greek yogurt, salt and pepper to taste. Spoon back into the potato shell and serve.