Orange Salmon with Asparagus. Divide asparagus spears evenly among pieces of parchment, topping fillets. Bring top and bottom edges of parchment together. Gently toss to coat the asparagus with the remaining orange juice mixture.
Orange glazed salmon is full of fresh orange juice, garlic, honey, and balsamic vinegar and is the perfect baked fish to serve over asparagus. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and brush over the salmon. Add the asparagus to the bowl with the orange juice mixture and gently toss to combine. You can cook Orange Salmon with Asparagus using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Orange Salmon with Asparagus
- You need of zest of 1 orange and 1/4 c fresh orange juice.
- It’s 1/4 c of low-sodium soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of peeled and grated ginger.
- Prepare 4 (6 oz) of boneless, skinless salmon fillets.
- It’s 16 of asparagus spears, trimmed.
Transfer salmon from marinade to a baking sheet with asparagus. I recommend serving this orange glazed salmon with a side of rice or couscous and some steamed asparagus or broccoli. It makes quite a bit of sauce so. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salmon, asparagus, and oranges, distributing evenly.
Orange Salmon with Asparagus step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In small bowl, whisk together orange zest and juice, soy sauce and ginger; set aside..
- Packets (make 4):.
- Cut large piece of parchment paper. In the center, place fillet and 4 spears and pour marinade on top..
- Form packet by folding paper long-wise several times. Fold up each end in toward fillet..
- Place packets on baking sheet and bake 15-20, until fillets flake and asparagus is tender..
Orange juice and zest, soy sauce and grated ginger give robust flavor to Candice Kumai's orange salmon dish without imparting a lot of calories! Transfer salmon from marinade to a baking sheet with asparagus. Place the asparagus and orange slices around the salmon. Lay asparagus atop salmon (see Tips). Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.