Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup. Hi everybody This video is about how I make my catfish , yam and green plantain pepper soup. This recipe is very good for the cold weather and very simple. Legit.ng News CATFISH PEPPER SOUP RECIPE- what are the main ingredients for this delicious Nigerian soup?
Yam pepper soup is my most favorite yam recipe of all time. It is delcious and you will learn other Nigerian recipes and even how to make catfish This yam recipe is best prepared with catfish – fresh catfish, It is possible to use the dried catfish but I really don't fancy the end product, obviously. Pepper soup spice powder (You can get from the market). •Onion. You can cook Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup
- It’s 1 of tuber of small sized yam.
- It’s 1 of fresh catfish.
- It’s of Grounded pepper soup spices.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of crayfish.
- You need 2 handful of mint leaves.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of grounded nutmeg.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 of knorr seasoning cube.
- It’s 1 spoon of onions powder.
Directions. •Cut the fish into sizes. •Boil warm water and put the fish inside to remove the slimy things on the body of the fish. •After that, put it in cold water and wash thoroughly. Catfish Pepper Soup is called 'point and kill", because of how the fish is picked up at the local Nigerian market. You can also check out other Nigerian Pepper Soup recipes, which includes; Goat meat pepper soup, assorted meat pepper soup and yam &fresh fish pepper soup. Alternatively, yam can be added to catfish pepper soup or any other type of Nigerian pepper soup.
Boiled yam and catfish pepper soup instructions
- Peel yam and cut into sizable portions. Wash thoroughly and place in pot with ample amount of water. Add salt to taste and boil until very soft..
- Cut the catfish into sizable portions and clean up with salt. Wash in a generous amount of water..
- Put catfish in clean pot add pepper, crayfish, pepper soup spice, nutmeg, onion powder and salt to taste. Allow to cook for 10minutes on medium heat..
- Add sliced mint leaf in the pepper soup with knorr cube. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes and serve food..
You can also use boiled yam to make pounded yam and yam porridge. Pounded yam is eaten with Nigerian soups like Egusi soup, efo riro and other Nigerian vegetable soup. In another pot, add fish, chopped onions, minced. Our Pepper-Soup mix is perfect for broth-based soups. Its distinct blend of flavors come from a blend of traditional herbs, African peppers I used it on goat and catfish peppersoups.