Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet. This Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet is a perfect example of a flavorful, healthy, one pan meal that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy! Ground turkey, quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes and Mexican spices all cooked together in just one. This Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet dinner is packed with ground turkey, black beans, quinoa, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, and Mexican spices.
Give taco night a twist with this simple skillet dish. In an oven-safe skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the turkey and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until it is no longer pink. You can have Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1 lb of ground turkey.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 4 oz of green chiles.
- Prepare 4 Tbsp of my taco seasoning (or 1 1oz store packet).
- You need 15 oz of can diced fired roasted tomatoes.
- Prepare 15 oz of can black beans, drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen corn.
- It’s 1/2 cup of salsa.
- Prepare 1 cup of quinoa.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of cilantro, minced.
- It’s of Sour cream for serving.
Add minced garlic, jalapeño chili powder, cumin and quinoa. Add diced tomatoes, beans and broth, Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Ground turkey, quinoa, black beans, corn, tomatoes and Mexican spices all cooked together in just one skillet! This healthy and delicious Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet dinner is sure to become your family's favorite weeknight dinner!
Turkey and Quinoa Taco Skillet instructions
- In a skillet over high heat, add a small amount of oil and the onion. Saute until soft (about 5 min)..
- Add the turkey to the pan, and brown (about 5 min)..
- Add the garlic, green chile, and taco seasoning. Stir and cook for 30 seconds..
- Add the tomatoes, beans, corn, salsa and water. Bring to a simmer..
- Sprinkle the quinoa over the top and lightly fold the grains into the liquid. Add a little extra liquid if necessary to get the grains to covered in sauce..
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 30-40 minutes until quinoa is cooked and translucent..
- Cover with cheese, sprinkle the cilantro, turn the heat off, and cover until melted. Plate with a dollop of sour cream..
This Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet is perfectly spicy, full of protein and a cheese lovers dream! Did you grow up eating a lot of Mexican food at home? I remember going out to a Mexican restaurant called Cuco's on the beach in Biloxi (sadly lost to Katrina). I was eating tacos at a local joint and there was an item on the menu with quinoa. How to Serve Turkey Taco Quinoa Skillet: I also love how many different ways you can serve the dish!