Pesto Roasted Asparagus. Mix pesto with garlic and oil and toss with asparagus on a baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to pesto roasted asparagus recipe.
Once the asparagus is out of the oven, drizzle one additional TBS of pesto over the veggies. Directions In the bowl of a food processor, combine asparagus, basil, and oil and pulse until combined. Add Parmesan, almonds, garlic, and salt and blend until combined. You can have Pesto Roasted Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pesto Roasted Asparagus
- It’s 2 bundles of asparagus; trimmed.
- You need 1 of lemon; zested.
- Prepare 1 t of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of recipe "Bacon-Arugula Chicken" (see my recipes, omit chicken).
- You need 1 of small pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need as needed of EVOO.
In a blender or food processor add the cooked asparagus, freshly grated parmesan cheese, pine nuts, salt, pepper, lemon juice. Start by adding one tablespoon of asparagus water and two tablespoons of olive oil. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. Drain well, reserving some of the cooking liquid, and let the.
Pesto Roasted Asparagus step by step
- Toss asparagus with enough oil to coat. Season with onion powder, salt and pepper. Add 1 C pesto. Toss. Lay flat on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Scoop all pesto out of the bowl atop the asparagus. Bake at 400° for approximately 15 minutes or until asparagus is tender..
- Garnish with lemon zest..
- Variations; Yellow bell pepper, red wine vinegar, feta, paprika, shallots, habanero, bacon, pancetta, chives, cilantro, scallions, leeks, ramps, ginger, crushed pepper flakes, parsely, chili powder, serrano, lime, lemon juice, romano, gruyere, parmigiano reggiano, pecorino, spinach, arugula, almond pesto, sherry, aioli, red onion, red bell pepper, capers, chickpeas, eggplant, leeks, portobello, walnut, almond, pistachios, peanut, olives, honey, oregano, white pepper, rosemary, yellow squash, zucchini, tomato, balsamic, red wine vinegar, champagne vinegar, green beans, brown butter, romano, gruyere, fennel, fennel seed, green garlic, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds.
Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste; gently toss to combine. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss in frying pan with hot oil. Stir fry just until the asparagus is cooked through, yet remains tender-crisp.