Hearty cold weather meal. What could be better on a cold winter's day than coming home to a fully cooked meal? This pot roast was made for long, slow braising, and the slow cooker does the job beautifully. You can prepare the meat and vegetables in the crockery insert the night before and refrigerate overnight.
Use green, unripened tomatoes (or tomatillos in a pinch), along with all of the spices (cumin, oregano, paprika, coriander), plus garlic, stock, poblano peppers and jalapeño. Cold weather practically requires a rich, warming soup—and this egg drop soup is exactly what you'll need to recharge when the sun sets in the middle of the day. Come in from the cold and sit down to slow-simmered pot roast, loaded chili and breakfast-for-dinner, too. You can have Hearty cold weather meal using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hearty cold weather meal
- It’s 1 pkg of ground turkey 2lbs.
- It’s 7 of peeled potatoes.
- It’s of Favorite seasonings.
- It’s of Milk.
- You need of Flour.
- Prepare of Grease.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of onioin sliced.
Even on the snowiest day, these winter slow cooker recipes warm you from your toes to your nose. When the temperature drops, it's time to head to the kitchen to make a hearty, warming meal. Bavarian Apple-Sausage Hash This awesome recipe reflects my German roots. In the cooler months, nothing is as comforting as a hearty hash.
Hearty cold weather meal step by step
- In a skillet brown ground turkey and season to taste, I use a steak seasoning, a pinch of garlic salt, dry butter seasoning like Molly Mcbutter or butter buds..
- Fry potatoes and onions (I use white onions, they r a little sweeter), in a little olive oil and a pat of butter. (I use a wok to fry my potatoes makes it easier to flip the potatoes over), salt and pepper to taste.
- Make a milk gravy(I use a little bacon grease that I save when I make bacon)a little olive oil, pat of butter for flavor..
- In a large bowl mix turkey, potatoes and milk gravy together..
Serve this versatile recipe as a side dish at a holiday meal or as a brunch entree over cheddar grits or topped with a fried egg. Just because you're vegan doesn't mean you have to miss out on hearty, stick to your bones, comfort food. Other recipes that call for shredded rotisserie chicken and store-bought stock don't achieve the same robust flavor that this one does. Parsley is the ideal fresh garnish for the hearty meal. On cool fall days and frigid winter nights alike, a bowl of pumpkin soup is always a good idea.