Yam porridge. Yam pottage/Yam porridge (Asaro) is a very delicious Yam recipe though it's eaten by most tribes You can watch the video on how to make the Nigerian Yam pottage/Yam Porridge (Asaro) Recipe. Yam Porridge can also be referred to as yam soup. It is mainly yam cooked with ingredients and the resulting dish contains some soupy liquid.
It is very quick and easy to make. How to make yam porridge easy step. Yam porridge is one of the easiest and most popular Nigerian foods. You can have Yam porridge using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yam porridge
- It’s of Yam.
- You need of Red oil.
- Prepare of Maggi and salt.
- You need of Grounded pepper, tomatoes and onions.
- Prepare of Ugu leaf (optional).
Several people have made porridge yams using different recipes – some are simple while the rest are not. Searching for Yam Porridge Recipe (Yam pottage recipe or Asaro recipe)? Porridge yam if food to a Nigerian person. Here is a simple recipe that show you to prepare yam I love porridge yam because it is one of the most "easy to make" Nigerian foods, Personally I prapare.
Yam porridge instructions
- Cut yam into pieces, dice into cubes and wash well.
- Pour oil into pot until hot then add grounded tomatoes and pepper and add seasonings.
- Pour water into put, then add diced yam together with the ugu leaf.
- Allow to boil all together. Then mash the diced yam so that the porridge can become thick..
- ✅ done.
- I couldn’t get a clearer picture. I even totally forgot to take pictures of the food. Until my sister started eating o 😂😂…. I’m sorry y’all. Enjoy!!!.
It`s a delicious dish of the Nigerian cuisine. You can easily prepare it at home. There is nothing better than yam porridge with plantain for your dinner. Other dishes prepared with yam include yam porridge, beans & yam or vegetable yam. Yam porridge is an easy meal to prepare and also very healthy to the body.