Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole. Great recipe for Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole. Made this recipe for a carb-restricted diet, and as such I used low-carb biscuit mix. But the adults love it and the kids dig it (which in itself is a win).
This zippy casserole is one that was brought to a picnic at my house. Quick, easy, tasty chicken fajita casserole. Needed to make a meat entree for a small gathering and was tired of my regular baked chicken and rice. You can have Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole
- You need 1 of medium Onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 lb of ground Turkey or Beef.
- Prepare 1 can of Refried Beans.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Cheese.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- You need 2 cups of Biscuit Mix (Bisquick is popular).
- Prepare 12 oz of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of large Eggs.
- Prepare of taco seasoning (cumin, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper, or a packet).
This Mexican casserole is quick and easy and oh so tasty! You will love all of the melted cheesy in this dish and it really makes for a great recipe. This has quickly become a family favorite around here and one we all look forward to. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.
Ken's Quick Mexican-Inspired Hotdish Casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prep 9"x13" pan by greasing bottom and sides..
- Cook onions until clear, add ground turkey or beef, and cook until done. Drain if necessary. Mix in refried beans..
- Spread meat and bean mixture in pan, sprinkle cheese evenly atop. Drain and add tomatoes..
- Mix milk, biscuit mix, eggs, and taco seasoning in a separate bowl..
- Pour mixture over tomatoes in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a knife inserted comes out clean..
You'll love the combination of green tomatillo salsa, pork sausage, and melty Monterey Jack cheese. Top this easy Mexican casserole recipe with tomato slices, jalapeño peppers, and cilantro before serving for extra color and pops of fresh flavor. Would you like any vegetables in the recipe? Cumin, garlic, and fresh cilantro season eggs and potatoes in this quick and easy casserole. We provide you only the best Ken's Hearty Thanksgiving Hotdish Casserole recipe here.