Pounded yam and vegetable soup. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Then, we scoop some stew or soup over it and we eat it. Rinse the dried fish and add it to the pot.
Yam is the common name for some plant species in the genus Dioscorea (family Dioscoreaceae) that form edible tubers. Peel, wash and boil yam till its well cooked, pound, mold into balls and set aside. Nigerian Soups are those special sauces that accompany the major Nigerian food commonly known as Fufu. You can cook Pounded yam and vegetable soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pounded yam and vegetable soup
- It’s of Yam.
- It’s of Spinach.
- You need of Spring onion.
- It’s of Scotch bonnet.
- Prepare of Onion.
- Prepare of Red pepper.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Maggi.
- Prepare of Palm oil.
Fufu is a generic name for food you swallow All other soups not mentioned above are low carb Nigerian Soups. Watch out, some may be high in fat. The trick is to read the ingredients for each. A meal of pounded yam with vegetable soup provides a very rich and balanced diet.
Pounded yam and vegetable soup instructions
- Peel yam and wash. Put pot on fire add washed yam,add salt and let it cook till tender..
- Pound cooked yam until smooth. Then mould it using a bowl..
- Cut spinach n spring onion and wash with salt,drain the water and keep aside. Blend red pepper,Scotch bonnet and onion..
- Pour blended pepper in hot palm oil and let it fry,add fried meat. Add seasonings and put chopped spinach stir and cover, let it cook for some minutes then add little water and potash then cover again and leave for at least 5minutes..
Yam in itself. has been hailed as one of the most nutritious food preparing pounded yam. The need for machine that will pound yam to this needed quality with less human effort and time. becomes expedient. A delicious meal of pounded yam and vegetable soup cooked with dried fish, beef and assorted meat. The pounded yam also regarded in the category of 'swallow food', is most times consumed with the bare hands. I assure u this meal is very delicious!