Simple Stovetop Chili. Add chili powder, cumin, and tomato paste to the mixture. If this isn't spicy enough for you, add cayenne pepper or hot sauce. For a smoky flavor, try canned chipotle.
Add the diced tomatoes, water or beef stock, tomato sauce, taco sauce, chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, and red kidney beans. Serve immediately with choice of toppings. Easy Stovetop Homemade Chili Make a delicious pot of Stovetop Homemade Chili in under and hour. You can have Simple Stovetop Chili using 26 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Simple Stovetop Chili
- You need 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- It’s 1 lb. of ground beef (or ground turkey).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 of bell pepper, diced.
- You need 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced (optional).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 cans (8 oz.) of unsalted tomato sauce.
- Prepare 1 can (14.5 oz.) of fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 2 cans (16 oz.) of red kidney beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken broth or water.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp. of chili powder.
- It’s 2 tsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp. of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp. of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt (or more, to taste).
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s of Suggested Toppings:.
- You need of ·sour cream.
- Prepare of ·shredded cheddar cheese.
- It’s of ·oyster crackers.
- Prepare of ·sliced avocado.
- It’s of ·sriracha.
Made with beef, beans, and a chili laced tomato base. Place beef in a colander to drain grease and set aside. Return dutch oven or pot to burner and add olive oil. Once olive oil is heated, add green pepper, onion and garlic.
Simple Stovetop Chili step by step
- In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two more, until fragrant. Then add the ground beef. Cook until it is browned throughout, breaking it up as you go. Drain out the grease, if needed..
- Increase the heat to med-high. Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans, broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire and seasonings. Stir to combine. Once it reaches a boil, cover with the lid and reduce the heat to med-low. Let simmer for at least 15 minutes, but longer if you can (it'll taste better the longer you let it simmer)..
- Serve immediately, topped with whatever toppings you'd like. Refrigerate any leftovers..
- To make this recipe in the slow cooker, brown the meat first, then place everything except the broth into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 5-6 hours..
Add tomatoes, diced tomatoes with chile peppers, tomato sauce, water, kidney beans, pinto beans, chili powder, cumin, sugar, salt, pepper and hot sauce. To Make Chili in the Slow Cooker: Cook the onion and brown the meat in a large skillet. Add the remaining ingredients to a large slow cooker and stir in the cooked meat and onions. In a large pot or skillet with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and peppers and cook, stirring often, until the onions are translucent.