Turkey Tacos. Spread one side of the taco shell with avocado and the other side with sour cream. Fill each taco shell with ground turkey and top with Colby cheese and pico de gallo. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
They are loaded with extra lean ground turkey, onion, bell peppers, and spices: chili powder, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, and pepper! To make the tacos: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until shimmering. The calorie content of homemade Turkey Tacos can vary depending on the type of tortilla, the amount of cheese and other toppings. You can cook Turkey Tacos using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Tacos
- Prepare 2 lb of ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 of small red onion; small dice.
- Prepare 1/2 of green bell pepper; small dice.
- It’s 1/2 of orange bell pepper; small dice.
- It’s 1 C of mango salsa.
- You need 1 T of Mexican oregano.
- It’s 1 T of ground coriander seed.
- It’s 1 T of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 t of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 2 t of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of large pinch kosher salt.
- Prepare as needed of vegetable oil.
Ground turkey is sautéed with chopped onion, chili powder, tomato paste, and chicken broth in these easy, family-friendly tacos. Stuff them into hard taco shells and top with all the fixings—sour cream, pico de gallo, avocado, cheddar cheese, and shredded lettuce. If using fresh chicken or turkey, either roast, grill or boil meat first, then shred with a pair of forks. you won't get the right consistency if you just try to cook the meat in the pan. Saute onions in butter with a pinch of salt in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until onions are translucent.
Turkey Tacos step by step
- Heat enough oil to cover the bottom of a large saute pan..
- Add bell peppers and onions with a tiny pinch of salt. Saute on high heat for 2 minutes..
- Add turkey and stir to combine. Season with salt, cayenne, garlic, cumin, and coriander..
- When turkey is 95% cooked, add salsa. Stir. Cook 2 minutes..
- Variations; Cilantro, lime, pineapple salsa, peach-mango salsa, corn, zucchini, sofrito, shallots, habanero, bacon, jalapeño, jalapeño powder, grilled pineapple, roasted bell peppers or garlic or tomatoes, thyme, fire roasted diced tomatoes, diced green chiles, rum, tequila, bourbon, cinnamon, plantains, ground chicken or pork, shrimp, lemon, parsley, red fresno peppers, poblano, ancho chile, chipotle, serrano, chihuahua cheese, goat cheese, queso fresco, chili powder, crushed pepper flakes, crushed pineapple, tomato salsa, salsa verde, tamarind, parsely, apple, chayote, spinach, nopalitos, pinto, yellow onion, smoked paprika, applewood seasoning, smoked cumin,.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Saute vegetables – Saute onions, jalapeno in oil and butter and cook until soft and translucent. Add spices and turkey – Add shredded turkey, cumin powder, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and mix everything together. Cook- Cook for a few minutes until turkey is heated through. Turkey Tacos are flavorful and healthy One of the best things about tacos is how much variety you can find.