Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes. A quick and easy Philly cheese steak made in the style of a Sloppy Joe. Enjoy a salad or sweet potato fries on the side. Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes will make you forget your childhood canned sauce memories and make you LOVE sloppy joes again.
A Philly cheesesteak is a great sandwich. A sloppy joe is a great sandwich. So naturally, when you bring the two together they make an exceptionally great sandwich. You can have Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of small green bell pepper.
- You need 16 oz of mushrooms.
- It’s 3 tbs of ketchup.
- You need 1 tbs of Worcestershire.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of cornstarch.
- It’s 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 4 oz of provolone cheese slice.
- It’s 6 of brioche hamburger buns.
- It’s 4 oz of Mozzarella cheese slices.
Philly Cheese Steak Ingredients: Each ingredient is carefully picked to make the best Philly cheese steak sloppy Joe. The Philly cheese steak is a moist and tender ground beef base. Add in vegetables and extra flavoring to the beef making this taste more like a philly cheese steak. These Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes are Sloppy Joes with a Philly Cheesesteak flair.
Philly Cheese Steak Sloppy Joes instructions
- Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes.
- Dice Mushrooms, Bell Pepper and Onion and set aside.
- Brown ground beef, remove from pan and set aside. There is no need to drain..
- Melt butter in same pan and add mushrooms, bell pepper and onion. Cook for 6 minutes..
- Return ground beef to pan.
- Mix beef broth and cornstarch together and add to pan.
- Add salt, pepper, ketchup and Worcestershire to pan.
- Cook for approx 15 minutes or until a significant amount of liquid is gone (mixture should be approx 25 % liquid).
- Add provolone and mozzarella cheese and stir until melted.
- Scoop mixture onto bun and enjoy!.
We love these and our traditional homemade sloppy joes so much! I made these sloppy joes the other night when it was chilly and windy. They were super easy and quick. Brown turkey or beef in a large skillet. (You can also use a cast iron skillet for the beef mixture) Once browned add in the peppers and onions. Sloppy Joes taste great with french fries, fried pickles, potato chips, sauteed vegetables, green salads, or fresh veggies like carrots and cucumbers.