Zucchini Lasagna. Spoon a layer of marinara on top and cover with half of the zucchini. Repeat by layering the remaining meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Stir in seasonings and tomato sauce.
To make zucchini lasagna is the same as making any regular lasagna. While the sauce is simmering, you can prepare the zucchini as instructed. Once the sauce and zucchini slices are ready, all that's left to do is assemble and bake. You can have Zucchini Lasagna using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Zucchini Lasagna
- Prepare 2 of Zucchini.
- Prepare 3 c of fat free ricotta.
- Prepare 1 pkg of fat free mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 jar of Prego Sauce.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1 lb of ground Turkey.
Zucchini Lasagna is a keto lasagna that uses no true noodles. Your thinly sliced zucchini takes the layer of traditional noodles, for a hearty yet light lasagna! Want even more keto recipes to try out on your keto diet? Keto buffalo chaffles, steak rolls with asparagus, or carb free cloud bread.
Zucchini Lasagna step by step
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees..
- Brown ground turkey in a pan, adding 1tbsp of minced garlic (optional).
- Add 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce to turkey, mix thoroughly, and set pan aside..
- Take Zucchini and trim both ends, then proceeding to halve them. Using a sharp knife (I used a mandolin) to slice long thin strips..
- Grab your casserole dish, spray with nonstick oil, and a thin layer of sauce to prevent sticking..
- Lay down your first layer of Zucchini strips, being sure to cover bottom of dish. Then proceed to evenly lay your turkey and sauce mixture..
- Take your ricotta and egg and mixed together in a mixing bowl. Once combined, spread mixture over your turkey mixture evenly..
- Take 1/2 cup of your mozzarella and evenly sprinkle over ricotta..
- Layer remaining Zucchini. Top with rest of sauce and mozzarella..
- Cook uncovered for 45 minutes.
Zucchini lasagna is a fresh take on a classic comfort food dish. It's loaded with veggies, but still has the rich flavors and scrumptious texture of a traditional lasagna. Top it off with some grated parmesan cheese and basil leaves, and you'll have the perfect weeknight meal for the whole family. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes, basil, oregano, fennel and garlic.