Eforiro and poundo yam. Efo riro is a traditional yoruba dish that is served in many homes that are not necessarily from the Yoruba culture. People eat efo-riro with white rice, boiled plantain, fried plantain(dodo), yam etc. Depending on the leaves you use for efo-riro, the meal is very.
Here is a video of how I made my efo elegusi and poundo yam😊 Recipes: Ugu,stockfish,smokedfish,palmoil,salt, locust beans,melon,maggi,pepper! Watch to the. #poundedyam #ekiti #poundedyamandeforriro #egusi #eforiro #nigerianfood #nigerianrecipe How to make pounded yam and vegetable soup. Efo Riro – The African Stewed Spinach also popularly known as Efo riro is a one-pot stew with layers of flavor. You can cook Eforiro and poundo yam using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eforiro and poundo yam
- Prepare 50 g of pomo cow skin.
- You need 50 g of rodo bell pepper.
- Prepare 100 kg of tatashe pepper.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- Prepare 2 of Knorr seasoning.
- Prepare 200 g of shoko leaves.
- Prepare 10 g of crayfish.
- Prepare 10 kg of tomatoes.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 of cooking spoons of Palmoil.
It requires quite a number of ingredients but little work from the cook putting it all together (as long as you already have all your ingredients prepped). Efo Riro is a rich vegetable soup that you should prepare when you cannot buy the ingredients for Edikang Ikong. If these are not readily available where you live, leafy or frozen spinach is a very good substitute. Efo Riro is a very popular Yoruba soup in Nigeria, it is one of my favorite Nigerian soups because of its health benefits.
Eforiro and poundo yam step by step
- Wash and clean the pomo and put on fire with small water and add salt and the onion.
- Wash the tomatoes and rodo amd tatashe and blend not too smoothly.
- When the pomo is boiled in 10mins add palmoil then the leaves and crayfish and the knorr seasoning.
- Allow to cook for 5minutes.
- Store the rest away for later.
I had poundo yam somewhere and access to some efo-riro. I wasn't about to waste that opportunity by settling for office mama put with her black stew. Somehow, the food tasted even better because of the thrill. "biko! Of all gifts? na efo riro and pounded yam you fit gimme and you wrap am like better gift? What did…» Nigerian Efo Riro Recipe You know that "efo" situation where the efo sits on one side of the bowl and the water migrates to the other side? that isn't.