Meat Loaf. The secrets to this meatloaf are fresh, very finely diced vegetables that give it moisture and flavor–and a light touch in mixing together the ingredients. This hearty meatloaf is the perfect meal for cool fall and winter evenings, served with mashed potatoes and simple mushroom gravy. Ina Garten's key to a delicious meatloaf is to not pack the mixture of ground chuck, sauteed onions, dried breadcrumbs and eggs too densely.
Did the meatloaf of your youth feature a packet of Lipton® onion soup or a shot of hot sauce? Freeze option: Bake meat loaf without glaze. Securely wrap cooled meat loaf in foil, then freeze. You can cook Meat Loaf using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Meat Loaf
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 of pouch of Knorr or Lipton onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
To use, partially thaw meat loaf in refrigerator overnight. In a bowl combine ketchup, sugar, and mustard; spread over meat. Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined. Meatloaf is so much more than a giant hunk of ground beef in a loaf shape.
Meat Loaf instructions
- Combine ground beef, eggs, onion soup mix and ketchup in a medium bowl. Add bread crumbs..
- Put ground beef mixture into a loaf pan measuring about 8 inches long × 4 inches wide × 2 1/2 inches deep. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 1 hour..
- Serve and enjoy!.
It should ooze with flavour, be moist and tender yet not crumble apart when sliced. And the caramelised glaze is the crowning glory! Ina Garten's key to a delicious meatloaf is to not pack the mixture of ground chuck, sauteed onions, dried breadcrumbs and eggs too densely. Hand-mixing the ingredients will ensure the meatloaf is. What kind of meat is best for meat loaf?