Bean and Asparagus Salad. In a bowl, combine the asparagus, beans, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, cilantro, garlic, salt, cumin and pepper. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
Preparation Blanch and skin the fava beans and place them in a bowl. Use the blanching water to blanch the asparagus, or steam the asparagus if you prefer. If blanching, bring the water in the pot. You can have Bean and Asparagus Salad using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bean and Asparagus Salad
- You need 10 of asparagus, woody ends snapped off.
- You need 15 oz of can of great northern beans, rinse and drain.
- It’s 1/4 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of corn, cooked.
- You need 1 cup of coriander, chopped.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water. In a large serving bowl, combine the asparagus, beans, red pepper, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Combine beans, asparagus, watercress, mint, and tarragon in a large bowl; add vinaigrette and pistachios and toss to combine.
Bean and Asparagus Salad step by step
- Chop the onion finely. I usually buy yellow onions that have a strong flavour. When I use them with salad I spread them out on a plate for a while and the strong flavour fades..
- Boil asparagus 5-6 mins or until cooked. Cut into quarters..
- While boiling asparagus, cook corn if needed, and wash, dry and chop coriander..
- Place beans, corns, onion, coriander in a mixing bowl and combine with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper..
- Add asparagus and combine. Put some more salt and pepper as you desire. Enjoy!.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with chive blossoms, if using. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on a sheet pan. Let cool, then transfer to serving bowl. Drizzle with dressing, toss gently to combine. The green beans and asparagus are blanched and then shocked in an ice bath so they keep their bright green color.