Chicken yam balls. Hello Slay Team, Today our Ghanaian yam balls goes international. In Slay world now we say chicken yam croquettes. Flo Chinyere. • how to make chicken vegetable bread rolls – breakfast recipe – zeelicious foods.
Yam ball is another homemade and street snacks loved by Nigerians, it is also very popular in Ghana and other parts of Africa too. It is delicious and makes perfect snacks for any time of the day. Heat a little oil in a large frying pan, roll the yam balls in the seasoned flour and fry for a few minutes until golden brown. You can have Chicken yam balls using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken yam balls
- You need 1/4 of cut of a whole yam.
- You need 2 of chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- It’s 1 of Finely chopped onion and scallion.
- Prepare 3 of Grounded scotch bonnets.
- You need of Thumb size ginger and 7 black pepper corn.
- You need 2 cubes of knorr seasoning.
- You need Dash of chicken seasoning.
- It’s of Oil as required.
- It’s of Scallions for garnish.
Chicken balls are a food consisting of small, spherical or nearly spherical pieces of chicken. They are prepared and eaten in several different cuisines. Finger foods (dessert) -cripsy chicken -yam balls -puff puff -samosa -spring roll. Bread making Bread rolls Wheat bread.
Chicken yam balls step by step
- Peel, dice and wash yam, add to a pot together with salt, water and set on fire to cook until soft and tender.
- Mince chicken on a chopping board.
- And this is the result as it has been minced well.
- Add the ginger and black pepper corn to a mortar and ground into a paste.
- Set a pan on fire! In the pan, add 2tbsp oil and add the ginger paste.
- Add the minced chicken and half of the cube seasoning.
- Add a dash of chicken seasoning.
- Mix and stir fry for 7mins and the chicken sauce is ready to use.
- In a bowl, add the cooked yam,chicken sauce grounded scotch bonnets, finely chopped onion and scallion, seasoning and mash well.
- Then mould into balls and coat with spiced bread crumbs.
- Whisk the 2 eggs, dip in the coated yam ball.
- Then coat again with the crumb.
- Set all double coated balls aside, heat oil in a pan and fry until golden brown.
Bonus class -pancakes (two different recipes) -sandwish making -zobo drink Join. Yam balls are a favorite with West Africans, especially at church bazaars. They make a lovely addition to a buffet. Sometimes, slices of tomatoes, onions and red sweet peppers are mixed with the mashed. Steam yam until fork tender, then mashed with sugar until all the sugar has melted and incorporated Place some cooked yam balls and some grass jelly cubes in a small serving bowl (like rice bowl), top.