Pounded yam with egusi soup. Egusi soup is popular in Western Africa. The soup is thickened with ground melon, gourd, or squash seeds. Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores.
Other food in the swallow group includes fufu – made from cassava flour, Eba, Amala, and more. Learn how to make Nigeria's most popular soup Egusi. Melon soup also known as egusi soup is a popular soup recipe in the Western part of Africa. You can have Pounded yam with egusi soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam with egusi soup
- It’s of Yam.
- You need of Egusi.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Tumatur.
- It’s of Onion.
- You need of Meat or fish (optional).
- It’s of Curry.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare of Palm oil.
This soup is best served with pounded yam, fufu or eba. Egusi soup and pounded yam is such a mouthwatering and appetising dish to behold. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups.
Pounded yam with egusi soup instructions
- Zaki yanka doya manya manya seki sa gishiri seki sa cikin tukunya kidafa.
- Idan ta dahu seki sa cikin turmi kidaka seta yi tau shi seki kwashe ki mulmule.
- Zaki tafasa namanki seki soya shi cikin mai seki zuba niqakken Kayan miyanki.
- Seki sa Kayan kamshi da maggi da curry idan yasoyu seki zuba ruwa kadan kibari miyar tadan dahu zuwa 15 minute.
- Zaki zuba agushi cikin roba seki zuba ruwan zafi kadan kimotsa seki zuba cikin miya idan ta tafaso kisauke.
- Aci tare da sakwara.
The Yorubas make efo elegusi while the Igbos make ofe egusi, all with similar ingredients but with. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this It is one of the most popular soups prepared by most tribes in Nigeria with considerable variation and often eaten with dishes like Pounded Yams. In a recent video shared on Zion's official Instagram page, he was seen eating the popular Nigerian delicacy, Pounded yam and Egusi soup with his dad. Fans trooped to his comment section to commend the singer for exposing his son to the Yoruba culture while others have gushed over Zion's.