Cucumber Carrot Salad. Set a colander over a bowl. Add the cucumbers and salt; toss until coated. In a large bowl, whisk the vinegar and sugar until the sugar dissolves.
Cut the cucumbers and carrots into thin strips using a mandoline, spiralizer, or a knife. In a bowl, whisk the olive oil, white wine vinegar, lime juice, and season with freshly ground black pepper to taste. In a salad bowl, combine the cucumbers, carrots, and green onion. You can have Cucumber Carrot Salad using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber Carrot Salad
- You need 1 each of cucumber.
- Prepare 1 each of medium apple.
- You need 2 each of medium carrots.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 3 dash of ground ginger.
Pour the dressing on top, and toss gently. This is super easy, very tasty and travels well so it's great for picnics, lunch bags, whatever. It tastes wonderful at room temperature. From the Chicago Tribune, originally attributed to Ron Bilaro, a personal chef in Chicago.
Cucumber Carrot Salad step by step
- Peel carrots and cucumber.
- Slice and dice cucumber.
- Finally chop carrot.
- Dice apple, throwing out the core.
- Add cucumber, carrots, Apple to a mixing bowl and stir.
- Add lemon juice, ginger, salt.
- Stir and serve.
Carrot salads are refreshing, and this one–with cucumbers, red onion and a zesty cilantro-chili vinaigrette–is sure to become a new favorite. It's excellent served with grilled fish. Combine the cucumbers and carrots in a bowl. Directions In a bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, ginger, salt and pepper.