Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce. In a large skillet, saute asparagus and mushrooms in butter and oil until tender. Roasted asparagus, browned and flavorful from its time in the oven is topped with earthy pan fried mushrooms. Then a lemon butter sauce, with a touch of mustard is drizzled over, presenting a delicious dish to be eaten at breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Top with green onion, pine nuts, and dairy-free parmesan cheese! Of course, I rediscovered my love for asparagus right as they're going out of season. Good thing you can get them year round though! You can cook Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Prepare 2 pounds of fresh asparagus, trimed and bottoms peeled if desired.
- You need 8 ounces of fresh button mushrooms, thickly sliced.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of olive oil, I used hot chili infused olive oil.
- You need 2 tablespoon of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper,.
- It’s 4 tablespoon of salted butter, cold cut into cubes.
- Prepare 1 of green onion, thin sliced.
Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle with melted Butter with Olive Oil & Sea Salt and lemon juice. Asparagus with Lemon Butter Sauce is a budget friendly side dish the whole family will love. This recipe makes quick, and easy crisp-tender asparagus drizzled with an amazing lemon butter sauce and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Asparagus and Mushrooms with Lemon Butter Sauce instructions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and simmer 5 to 10 minutes depending on thickness and how tender you like your asparagus. Drain and place in serving dish.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and soften mushrooms and garlic, adding a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Remove mushrooms and add to asparagus in serving plate.
- In the skillet mushrooms and garlic were cooked in add chicken broth and cream, cajun seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, bring to a boil and reduce until slighty thickened about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, then add butter, whisking each piece in before adding the next.
- Turn off heat heat when all of butter is added.
- Pour sauce over asparagus and mushrooms.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
It's the best asparagus side dish of ever! The mushrooms and asparagus are sauteed in a simple lemon-butter sauce and tossed with cooked ravioli. Swirl pan several times, then stir in lemon juice and vinegar. Pour over hot asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with thyme and lemon zest, optional.