Bacon Wrapped Cheesesteak Meatloaf. Lay the strips of bacon across another sheet of tin foil and repeat, making sure the meat roll is tightly wrapped up in a lovely bacon jacket. Watch the recipe video here: Bacon Wrapped Cheesesteak Meatloaf Arrange bacon strips on top and put the meatloaf on the edge of the bacon. Roll the bacon around the loaf using the foil.
Mix well, then add bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil, pepper, and onion. Layer cheese slices over ground beef and cover with peppers and onions. Line another sheet of foil with bacon and roll up ground beef log. You can have Bacon Wrapped Cheesesteak Meatloaf using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Cheesesteak Meatloaf
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 of green peppers sliced.
- Prepare 1 of onion sliced.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s 15 slices of provolone.
- Prepare 20 strips of bacon.
- It’s 1 box of stuffing mix.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
Honestly this is all our favourite things.meat, cheese and bacon! Brush loaf with all of glaze, then arrange bacon slices, crosswise, over loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. Bake loaf until bacon is crisp and loaf registers. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the milk, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon, pepper sauce, saltine, parsley and seasonings; stir in onion mixture.
Bacon Wrapped Cheesesteak Meatloaf step by step
- Preheat oven to 360.
- Saute peppers and onions until soft.
- Mix beef with stuffing mix, water, egg, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper and oregano. Spread out into even rectangle on tin foil..
- Lay cheese slices in middle topped with peppers and onions..
- Gently roll meat into sausage shape..
- Lay strips of bacon and roll meat mixture..
- Bake covered for 30 minutes, uncover and bake 40 minutes longer..
Use your wet hands to make sure the meatloaf is smooth! Brush the loaf with the glaze, then arrange bacon slices over the loaf, overlapping them slightly and tucking them under to prevent curling. Philly Cheesesteak Meatloaf is officially our new favorite meatloaf in our house. We've been on an everything Philly Cheesesteak kick through the summer and this meatloaf is just replacing our previous favorites. We have a go-to meatloaf recipe we've used for years and a bacon cheeseburger meatloaf (this is coming in the fall).