Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Wrap each bundle in one slice of bacon. I used the Pencil Thin Asparagus. I also cut the slices of bacon length wise in half. forming one thin. long skinny strip.
They browned up perfectly, leaving the asparagus crisp tender. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- It’s of asparagus.
- You need of bacon.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of balsamic vinegar.
- You need of pepper.
Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk (it will shrink during cooking, creating a "striped" pattern). Place seam side down onto the wire rack. Toss asparagus with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place bundles on a wire rack set inside an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash asaparagus in cool water. I like to snip off the dry ends..
- Open bacon, and wrap around stalks. Place on foil-lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle vinegar and oil to taste. Spinkle pepper to taste..
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Pull out of oven and flip over. Continue baking another 15-20 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon..
Prepare asparagus: Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral. Wrap each bundle with a thick slice of bacon. Start in the middle of the bundle and keep wrapping until you reach the end of the bacon slice. DES' TIP: Overlapping the bacon at the end will help secure it around the asparagus. It also helps to bake the asparagus seam side down.