Italian Turkey Meatloaf. Mix turkey, egg, bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl; shape into a loaf and put into prepared baking dish. Add turkey; mix lightly but thoroughly. Process mushrooms in a food processor until finely ground.
Bake up flavors of the old country with basil tomato sauce, garlic and sweet Italian turkey sausage. Turkey meatloaf gets a reputation for being dry and flavorless, but that's the complete opposite of this Italian Turkey Meatloaf. Marinara sauce is added into the mixture along with parmesan cheese giving it tons of flavor and moisture. You can have Italian Turkey Meatloaf using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Italian Turkey Meatloaf
- You need 2 lbs of ground turkey (1 Italian seasoned, 1 regular).
- You need 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1 handful of crimini mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian season.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need A few of drops of hot sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
Alongside this juicy meatloaf are the Parmesan Rosemary Smashed Potatoes. This lightened-up version of a classic meatloaf uses ground turkey instead of ground beef. It's flavored with my favorite Italian herbs for a truly unique take on a classic. Italian meatloaf made with ground turkey, sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Italian seasonings may very well be the best turkey meatloaf ever!
Italian Turkey Meatloaf instructions
- Chop onion and mushrooms and sauté in a little olive oil.
- Mix bread crumbs, eggs, 1/3 cup ketchup, milk, sugar, garlic, pepper, salt and Italian seasoning in a bowl….
- Add ground meat, onion and mushrooms to breadcrumb mixture and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1/2 cup ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey, hot sauce and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil, put meat mixture in pan and form in a football shape.
- Add half of the ketchup mixture to top of meatloaf spreading it evenly.
- Pour water in pan around the meatloaf.
- Bake for for 40 minutes, then add remaining ketchup mixture, then bake for another 20 minutes..
I don't know what your experience was with meatloaf growing up but for me I didn't exactly look forward to meatloaf day. There is just something about the word "meatloaf" this is unappetizing to me. Meatloaf is the ultimate comfort food. With turkey, switched-up ingredients and creative twists, these popular variations elevate this classic from familiar to fabulous. Place meat mmixture in muffin tins.