Asparagus with Ham & Cheese. Was looking for a recipe to use up some leftover Easter ham and a pound of fresh asparagus but wasn't in the mood for something creamy. Added a bit of chopped red sweet pepper for color. Sprinkle the Mozzarella cheese all over asparagus, then add thinly sliced and chopped ham evenly over the asparagus, then top with the Parmesan cheese.
Continue cooking until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. Stir in ham and heat through. Top each bundle with parmesan and bake until crescent is golden and. You can have Asparagus with Ham & Cheese using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus with Ham & Cheese
- It’s 2 of thick asparagus (remove the stem, cut into 5 cm long pieces).
- You need 2 slices of ham.
- You need 1/2 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2-1 tsp of soy sauce.
- You need of Pizza cheese (as much as you like).
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in asparagus, ham, herbes de Provence and salt. Slightly peel the asparagus from just below the tip to the end. Put into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.
Asparagus with Ham & Cheese step by step
- Blanch asparagus lightly in the boiling water..
- Heat the oil in a pan, place ham, asparagus and cook over low heat until ham is crispy and asparagus become soft..
- Sprinkle cheese and keep cooking with a lid until melted..
- Add soy sauce and cook for a few seconds. Sprinkle salt and pepper over it..
Season with salt and pepper and toss. Wrap the ham tightly around each asparagus. In a saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Asparagus Ham Dinner I've been making this low-fat ham dinner for my family for years, and we always look forward to it. With asparagus, tomato, pasta and chunks of ham, it's a tempting blend of tastes and textures. —Rhonda Zavodny, David City, Nebraska Pat the asparagus dry.