Simple Meatloaf. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Expert Tips This is a good basic meatloaf recipe. Make it your own by experimenting with other types or combinations of ground meat or poultry, different herbs or by using different kinds of binders such as fresh bread crumbs, cooked rice, or oatmeal.
In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Last week, home cooks across the country went searching for the best meatloaf recipe, and found it in The Best Meatloaf I've Ever Made. You can cook Simple Meatloaf using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple Meatloaf
- Prepare 2 lbs of ground beef.
- You need 1 of roll ritz crackers.
- It’s 1/2 of large white onion – chopped finely.
- You need 2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 4 of thick bacon strips – chopped in est. 1/2in or smaller squares.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ketchup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- You need of McCormick steak seasoning (to taste).
This must mean the title is spot on. Allrecipes member Lisa Wiedrich says, "Best meatloaf recipe ever! Meatloaf is not difficult to make but there are a couple of common problems people encounter. Soft and Tender: Overmixing will cause your meatloaf to become dense making it seem tough and not tender.
Simple Meatloaf step by step
- Perheat oven 350°. Season meat with McCormick steak seasoning.
- Crush up crackers with a rolling pin.
- Add chopped onions, worcestershire sauce, bacon, crackers, more seasoning, and egg..
- Hand mixing is your best option in my opinion. May need an extra egg if it's hard to form a giant meatball..
- Form the meat in a loaf and put in GREASED pan. Bake for 45 minutes uncovered..
- Mix ketchup and brown sugar (some people add a tsp of mustard to cut some of the sweetness out of the taste..
- After 45 minutes, drain the extra grease. Pour the ketchup and brown sugar mix and evenly cover the loaf. Bake for another 15 minutes..
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes and enjoy !.
As with most ground beef recipes (including hamburgers or meatballs), the beef and add-ins should be mixed just until combined. Add bread crumb mixture, and mix with your hands until all ingredients are combined. Great basic meatloaf recipe–I've made w/ beef and pork (as in the recipe) and also just w/ beef. Grating, rather than dicing, the onions is a really smart tip. They seem to melt right in–all of the flavor and none of the texture of semi-cooked onions that plague most meatloaf recipes.