Stir-fried Squid & Cucumber. The stir fried squid is very tender, with a slightly sweet and savory flavor and tangy fragrance of ginger and garlic. The dish is light, yet very satisfying. It goes great with a bowl of steamed rice.
Next, add the squid pieces to the frying pan with the garlic and the chopped red chili peppers. Today, I will show you how to make it at home. It is a a perfect dish to learn how to clean and prep squid. You can have Stir-fried Squid & Cucumber using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried Squid & Cucumber
- It’s 1 of squid (gutted, cleaned, cut into 5~7mm round slices).
- It’s of Small quantity of salt, pepper, flour for squid.
- Prepare 1 of cucumber (cut in half lengthwise, cut into 5~7mm slices, sprinkle salt and leave to drain moisture out well).
- Prepare 1 stick of celery (cut into 3cm length).
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1/2 of ~1 tsp garlic (chopped finely).
- Prepare 1 pinch of crushed red pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of * sake.
- You need 1 tbsp of * soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 of ~1 tsp * chicken broth(chicken stock powder).
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sesame oil.
Rather than explaining it here, I link to another video which details how to do it. We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to stir-fried squid & cucumber recipe. Here is how you cook that. A hot wok brings this stir-fried squid from Deana Saukam together in minutes.
Stir-fried Squid & Cucumber instructions
- Remove water from the squid well, sprinkle salt, peppe and flour, shake off excess..
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan, stir-fry ginger and crushed red pepper with low heat. Add squid, celery, cucumber and cook for 1~2 mins over high heat. Add seasonings marked with * and keep stir-frying until the flavor blended..
- To finish it off, pour sesame oil from the edge of the pan to inside of it, stir once..
Green peppercorns are common in the food of the riverside village of Kampot in southern Cambodia. Put the remaining oil in the wok, add the garlic, ginger, chilli and spring onion whites and stir-fry briefly. Add the squid and stir quickly until piping hot. Give the sauce a stir, add to the. Ojingeo bokkeum (오징어 볶음) is a spicy stir-fried squid dish.