Pickle Cucumbers. Check Out Pickle Cucumbers On eBay. We Have Almost Everything On eBay. Naturally fermented pickles are the traditional way to pickle cucumbers.
Feel free to play around with the add-ins! Pack cucumbers and vegetables in jars. Pack the cucumbers, green onions, jalapenos, garlic, and a few springs of dill in some wide-mouth jars (they should be packed tightly). You can cook Pickle Cucumbers using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pickle Cucumbers
- You need of Cucumbers or pickle cucumbers (you can use either.. I prefer the smaller cucumbers because they are crunchier, even when cooked).
- It’s to taste of Garlic.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Prepare of Oil.
- It’s of Sesame oil (optional).
Add the brine to the jars. Ladle the brine into the jars to cover the cucumbers (use the back of a spoon to push the cucumbers down to submerge). If you ask my grandma, you can pickle any vegetables you like! A few common ones to pickle are cucumbers (of course!), radishes, carrots, red onions, asparagus, jalapenos, cauliflower, and green beans.
Pickle Cucumbers instructions
- Cut your cucumber of choice into chunks..
- I like to use a LOT of garlic, but you can use however much you like. If it's not enough this time around, make it again next week and add more garlic. :).
- Put your oil of choice in the pan and add in the cut up garlic. Medium heat..
- When garlic is "dancing" in the pan, add in cucumbers..
- Add some salt and if you want, a dash of sesame oil. You can also forgo the garlic and just use sesame oil..
- In maybe 3-4 min, taste test the cucumber. Make sure it's not still raw, but that it's still crunchy and salty/sesame-y enough. Adjust as needed..
- Sounds weird to cook cucumber, but my friends are big fans!.
How do you pickle something quickly? To pickle something, you simply need to soak the vegetables in a vinegar brine. Classic ingredients for the pickled cucumbers: Horseradish root – This is one of the secret ingredient that Eastern European countries use for their canned vegetables. Don't be afraid to use it! Clean it, peel off the skin and slice it into thin sticks that you put in between the cucumbers and on top of the jar.