Hoisen Ginger Salmon.
You can have Hoisen Ginger Salmon using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hoisen Ginger Salmon
- You need 2 of salmon fillet portions – 4-6oz each.
- It’s 3 tbsp of soy sauce (low sodium is fine).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of hoisen sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 2 tsp of fresh ginger – finely minced.
- Prepare 1 of large clove garlic – finely minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of sriracha to give a hint of heat (optional).
Hoisen Ginger Salmon instructions
- If salmon is frozen, thaw completely. If you are baking, place portions in a 9×9" square baking dish. If you are grilling place in a one quart storage or freezer bag..
- In a small bowl whisk all remaining ingredients together. Pour over salmon. IF BAKING: turn salmon a couple times to coat in marinade, cover dish with plastic wrap and place in fridge. Turn once halfway through marinating. IF GRILLING: squeeze as much air as possible out of the bag, seal and lay flat in fridge. Marinate either version 30 minutes to 1 hour..
- To cook: IF BAKING: Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove dish from fridge, uncover and let sit out while oven is preheating (so you're not putting an extremely cold dish in a hot oven). Pour off excess marinade into a small sauce pan. If salmon is skin on, ensure skin side is down in dish. Place in oven and bake 15 – 20 minutes or until cooked to desired doneness and top looks caramelized..
- To cook: IF GRILLING: Prepare your grill for direct grilling, let the grill get pretty hot and oil the grates. Remove salmon from bag to small plate for easier transfer to grill and pour off excess marinade into a small sauce pan. If salmon is skin-on, place skin side down on grates first. Grill about 5 minutes to get a nice crisp, slightly charred skin. Flip and grill 3 – 5 minutes more or until desired doneness. Careful not to overcook..
- While salmon cooks by either method, heat reserved marinade in sauce pan, uncovered over medium heat until simmering. Let simmer about 5 – 7 minutes to slightly reduce and thicken, stirring only a couple times. Turn heat to low and cover to keep warm until salmon is done..
- When salmon is done, drizzle desired amount of sauce reduction over the tops, serve with desired sides and enjoy!.