Kentucky Hot Brown.
You can have Kentucky Hot Brown using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kentucky Hot Brown
- Prepare 1 lb of deli ham sliced thin.
- You need 1 lb of deli turkey sliced thin.
- It’s 8 slice of tomato.
- It’s 8 slice of bacon cooked to almost crisp or to almost desired doneness.
- You need 4 of large slices bread, I use sourdough.
- It’s 1 of Recipe cheese sauce, recipe follows.
- You need 1 bag of potato chips, I use kettle chips because they hold up to the sauce.
Kentucky Hot Brown instructions
- Cook bacon to just shy of crisp or desired doneness..
- For cheese sauce, cook 3 tablespoons AP flour and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan for a minute or 2. Whisk in 3 cups of milk and 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and a dash of nutmeg. I use white pepper because I don't like the looks of black pepper in cheese sauce. Cook on medium high til it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese til smooth..
- Assemble open faced sandwiches. On a sheet pan place 4 large slices of bread, I use sourdough. On that pile turkey and ham and top with 2 slices of tomato on each. Drizzle some cheese sauce over each sandwich and top each with 2 pieces of bacon..
- Preheat oven to 450°F or use broiler. Place sandwiches in oven til hot and bubbly. Place each on a plate and surround with chips. Drizzle more cheese sauce over everything and enjoy..