Cream of Asparagus Soup. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Process the mixture in a blender to puree the vegetables. In a heavy pot over medium heat, melt butter.
Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Melt butter in a soup pot over medium heat. Cream of Asparagus Soup "I associate asparagus with spring-time.and its beautiful green color with new life," shares Lynn Vogel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "That's why this delightful soup is the perfect started to our family's Easter dinner each year." Cream of Asparagus Soup Cream of Asparagus Soup is so good, you'll go back for seconds! You can have Cream of Asparagus Soup using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cream of Asparagus Soup
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1 large of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of each, olive oil and butter.
- You need 3 cup of chopped asparagus, divided.
- It’s 8 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 1/2 pints of whipping cream.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Out of all the ways to enjoy asparagus, silky smooth Asparagus Soup is a reader favourite. Garlic, onions, broth, parmesan cheese and a hint of cream is all you need to make a thick and creamy pot of asparagus soup. Easy Cream Of Asparagus Soup Adjust the Cook Time Based on Your Spears You'll start off by cutting two pounds of asparagus (about two bundles) into pieces, and sautéing them with the aromatics. When the asparagus is barely crisp-tender, you'll add the broth and simmer until the spears are very tender.
Cream of Asparagus Soup instructions
- In a large Dutch oven sautee opinion and garlic until soft. Remove half opinion mixture..
- Add half the chopped asparagus and the 8 cups of chicken stock to the Dutch oven..
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the asparagus is cooked..
- Let cool before adding to a blender. Puree mixture until smooth. It is very important to let cool before doing this step..
- Return the pureed soup to the Dutch oven. Add the reserved onions uncooked asparagus. Add salt and pepper. Bring back to a simmer and add the whipping cream and heat thoroughly. Serve!.
Cream of Asparagus Soup Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Asparagus Soup is a delicately seasoned soup made with tender asparagus and fresh cream. Savor creamy bowls on their own or incorporate our soup into show-stopping recipes that crave a rich boost. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. This simple cream of asparagus soup is an excellent way to use fresh asparagus. The soup is made with a basic white sauce, milk, and asparagus.