Oooey gooey Ruben.
You can have Oooey gooey Ruben using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Oooey gooey Ruben
- You need 10 slice of rye bread (your choice here, i used american rye).
- Prepare 2 lb of corned beef (i used skunkmonkeys recipe on here but deli corned beef works just as well).
- Prepare 5 slice of swiss cheese.
- Prepare 1 small of can of sauerkraut.
- You need 1 of thousand island dressing (i think wishbone is best with this).
- Prepare 1 of enough butter to butter both sides of each slice of bread.
Oooey gooey Ruben instructions
- Preheat oven to 450°F. While oven is heating add the sauerkraut to a small saucepan over med heat, I like to sprinkle a lil Brown sugar in mine to sweeten it a bit also a lil ground pepper. Next heat a med skillet over med heat and add corned beef and just let warm up, don't let it cook to fast or too long, it will burn!.
- While everything is heating butter one side of 5 slices of bread and lay butter side down onto baking sheet, spread a lil bit of the dressing on the top side..
- Top with big piles of corned beef, then the kraut, then pour a lil more sauce on top of the kraut and top with your cheese. Put into oven and bake just until it turns golden Brown on bottom n cheese is melted. While this is in the oven doin its thang butter one side of the last 5 slices of bread, add to the top and set in your oven on broil til top gets brown..