Garlicky Asparagus and Mushroom Stirfry. In large frying pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat. In a wide, heavy bottom pan, take the olive oil, and place on high heat. Once hot, the oil slightly thins, and spreads on the pan.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion and garlic. You can have Garlicky Asparagus and Mushroom Stirfry using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Garlicky Asparagus and Mushroom Stirfry
- You need 1 bunch of Asparagus stalks.
- It’s 10 of Baby bella mushrooms, quartered.
- It’s 8 clove of garlic, finely minced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt, or to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
- You need 1 tsp of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- It’s 1 small of parsley leaf.
- It’s 1 small of green onion, sliced lengthwise.
This quick and easy weeknight dinner recipe combines earthy mushrooms, spring asparagus, and the heat of fresh ginger for a vegan stir fry that's light, bright, and a little bit spicy. It's an occasion to be celebrated, really. To the hot oil, add ginger and garlic and stir to flavor the oil. Quickly add in asparagus and stir.
Garlicky Asparagus and Mushroom Stirfry instructions
- In a wide, heavy bottom pan, take the olive oil, and place on high heat. Once hot, the oil slightly thins, and spreads on the pan..
- Add the minced garlic, and lower the heat to medium. Fry the garlic for about a minute until the aroma changes. The garlic shouldn't go brown..
- In the meantime, prep the asparagus. Break the hard "woody" portion of the stock by naturally bending the stalks. Then, chop the remaining portion of the stalks diagonally, to get the beautiful slices shown in the picture. Do not discard the "spear tip" of the asparagus, that is also usable in the dish. The woody part of the stalk is inedible, and can be discarded, unless you are planning to make a soup of some kind – the stalks are a great ingredient for the stock, in that case..
- Add the chopped asparagus into the garlic flavored oil. Sauté the asparagus stems for about 2 minutes. Add the seasoning (salt and pepper).
- Once the asparagus is about half done (2 minutes), add the mushrooms..
- Sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Then add the lime juice and the chilli flakes..
- Stir fry for another 2 minutes. Asparagus should still be green, tender, and yet have a crunch. Add the parsley. Plate it onto the serving dish..
- Garnish with the parsley leaf and the green onions..
- Serve warm – right off the pan, if you can 🙂 Enjoy!.
Melt butter/margarine in a wok or heavy skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring until they are browned evenly. Toss the asparagus and mushrooms in a large bowl or food storage bag with the olive oil and garlic until well coated. Arrange the coated vegetables in the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the asparagus and mushrooms with kosher salt or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.