Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Wrap each bundle in one slice of bacon. I used the Pencil Thin Asparagus. I also cut the slices of bacon length wise in half. forming one thin. long skinny strip.
They browned up perfectly, leaving the asparagus crisp tender. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. You can have Bacon Wrapped Asparagus using 2 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- Prepare 2 packages of Asparagus.
- You need 1 packages of bacon.
Toss asparagus with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place bundles on a wire rack set inside an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Wrap one-half strip bacon around each asparagus spear, leaving tip and end exposed. Lay on a cookie sheet with sides.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus instructions
- Wash and snap ends off asparagus. Do not cut. Let it snap at the weakest part o f stem..
- Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each one..
- Place on slotted baking sheet so that grease can drip through to bottom..
- Bake @ 400° for 20-25 min. Depending how crispy you want the bacon..
Serve warm or at room temperature. Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk (it will shrink during cooking, creating a "striped" pattern). Place seam side down onto the wire rack. Prepare asparagus: Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral. Bacon wrapped Asparagus are the perfect bundles of flavor.