Pounded yam with pumpkin soup. Pounded Yam is a staple in many West African homes, but it is not usually eaten by itself, it is often paired with many delicious African soups, and stews. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred to as puna yam, true yam or African yam. It has a dark brown rough skin with off-white flesh.
Look for the seeds in African or International grocery stores. Pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, can be substituted and are available in Latin American grocery stores. This pounded yam is *THE* real deal. You can cook Pounded yam with pumpkin soup using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pounded yam with pumpkin soup
- Prepare 1 of big fresh yam.
- Prepare 5 of fresh pepper (tattasai).
- Prepare 4 of fresh tomatoes.
- It’s 3 of small fresh pepper (attarugu).
- You need 1/2 of size of small pumpkin.
- It’s Half of tin of palm oil.
- It’s Half of tin of groundnut oil.
- Prepare 5 cubes of seosening of your choice (I add maggie star).
- You need 100 gram of Vegetable of your choise.
- It’s Half of spoon of salt for taste.
- Prepare 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 of big size of onion.
- It’s of Fresh ram meat.
Wholesome yams made from scratch using a food processor. You can get some of the effect of their thickening power by doubling the amount of okra. This pumpkin soup recipe uses almost the entire pumpkin. For a vegetarian dish, substitute vegetable stock for the chicken broth. · Bored with sweet potato casserole?
Pounded yam with pumpkin soup instructions
- Cut your yam soak in water and wash.
- Add a little salt cook it for 10 minutes (depends on how soft the yam is).
- Add palm oil and groundnut oil stir and cook for 5 minutes, add your cooked meat and pumpkin, add 2 cups of water stir well, cook for 5 minutes, then add vegetables and smashed onions, cook for 2 to 3 minutes, your soup is ready to be served..
- Now remove it from heat, put in a motor or food processor grind it with hot water until very smooth, wrap in a nylon and serve with any soup of your choice.
- For pumpkin soup wash your meat add in a little hot water cut the pumpkin wash them and add.
- Add onions, spices, Maggie star, cooke until its done.
- Now remove the pumpkin add to a separate bowl smash them and set a side.
- Grind the tomatoes, pepper (tattasai da tarugu), add palm oil and groundnut oil stir well, cook for 5 minutes then add the smashed pumpkin and the meat add the remaining seosening, add 2 cups of water cook for another 5 minutes, now add your chopped clean vegetables and smashed onions let it set for 2 minutes and your soup is ready to be served enjoy..
Try this sweet potato pound cake, a twist on traditional pound cake that features nutrient-rich sweet potatoes. Reviews for: Photos of Yam Soup. Yam Soup. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. My mother made this Chinese Yam and Goji Pumpkin Pork Soup for the family one evening and it quickly became the highlight of that dinner. Biting into the Kabocha pumpkin cooked in my.