Leche Flan. Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, egg yolks, and vanilla extract in a large bowl. Stir lightly to prevent bubbles or foam from forming. Strain batter slowly into the caramel-lined flan mold.
This delicious dessert is known throughout the world. It has been a regular item in the menu of most restaurants because of its taste, ease in preparation and long shelf life. Leche flan is steamed, not baked. You can cook Leche Flan using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leche Flan
- You need 12 of egg yolks (from large eggs).
- You need 14 oz of condensed milk (397g).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar.
- You need 1 cup of evaporated milk.
The caramel topping of leche flan is a syrup made by melting sugar directly in the pan where the custard will be steamed. There are only two cooking steps involved in making leche flan. The first is caramelizing the sugar and the second is steaming the caramelized sugar and custard together. Gently mix, not beat, until yolks are all broken and blended.
Leche Flan step by step
- Prepare steamer by boiling 2 liters of water..
- Set molds on the stove under low-heat setting. Add sugar and gently swirl using until it caramelizes. Set aside to cool and harden on a flat surface..
- Whisk yolks in a bowl. Add condensed milk and vanilla extract. Mix thoroughly..
- Pour mixture into molds. Cover with foil..
- Steam for 30 mins on low heat stove setting..
- Using a knife, thin spatula, trace lining of molds to loosen the flan. Put serving plate on top and turn upside down. Tapping the bottom of the mold helps to transfer flan to the plate..
- Set aside to cool then serve. (Best served cool.).
Leche Flan is the Filipino version of creme caramel. It is a sweet dish traditionally served as dessert at parties, fiestas, and other special occasions. It is also commonly used as topping for shaved ice such as halo-halo or in other treats such as floating island or graham de leche. Ultra rich and creamy custard baked in a steamy bath topped with a sweet caramel sauce-leche flan is a Filipino party favorite. This is a Filipino version of flan that is popular to serve during parties.
This Weeks Top Stories About Healthy Food | Leche Flan
Always recall that healthy food for kids consists of a variety of food combinations from the four major food groups. As long as you are practiced to strike a version afterward all the food groups – dairy, meat protein, fruits, vegetables, and grains – youre all set. Here are some useful tips to acquire you started.
Food cravings for tasty, calorie laden treats are one of the banes of anyone a pain to lose weight. Recent research shows that our cravings are habit-based; we desire foods that we have unconsciously trained ourselves to want. If thats the case, we should be adept to train ourselves to want healthy foods and snacks instead.
Making healthy food substitute doesnt arrive naturally. We learn it unaccompanied gone we deem it is important to us. Here are five personal reasons I have decided to make healthy food choices.
Undoubtedly, in flames fat is virtually absorbing healthy food. in imitation of we eat right, eat healthy food, we reach not have to to-do just about alight fat anymore. effective out at the gym for hours in flames calories will not cut your weight and burn plenty of your fat later than you accomplish not consider what you consume. It means that on fire fat by and no-one else feat exercise is not enough. Yes, you can burn fat and lose some of your weight by comport yourself exercise but if you attain not preserve what goes in from your mouth, soon you will get urge on the fat you burn. The root misfortune is controlling what goes into your body. And consuming healthy food is the solution.