Quick Garlic Asparagus. Melt the butter or margarine in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Then pour the hot water out to prevent the asparagus from cooking any further. Add the blanched asparagus to skillet and cook until tender.
Heat oil and melt butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add asparagus and reduce heat to medium. Season to taste with salt and pepper. You can have Quick Garlic Asparagus using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Quick Garlic Asparagus
- Prepare 1 bunch of Asparagus.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Olive oil.
- You need 3 clove of Garlic, smashed and slivered.
- It’s 1 pinch of Himalayan salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of Black, ground pepper.
In a small pot, heat the oil, garlic, onion powder, and parsley on medium-low heat. Spread the asparagus in a single layer. Add rind, juice, and salt, tossing to coat. A little garlic and oil can go a long way, especially when it comes to asparagus.
Quick Garlic Asparagus instructions
- Wash the spears to remove sand and debris..
- Snap the woody ends off by gently bending the end of the spears..
- Place the spears in a large pan add the water..
- Cover on high heat. Steam the spears till they turn bright green. Immediately drain water from the pan..
- While the spears are steaming, smash and peel the garlic..
- Slice the garlic into slivers..
- Add the olive oil and garlic slivers. Cook on medium high heat for 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve hot..
Hot oil keeps these vegetables a beautiful shade of green, while garlic adds a savory pep on the palate. Allrecipes cooks swear by it now. "This is so good! Place the asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, and pepper. Arrange the asparagus onto a baking sheet in a single layer.