Rolled pounded yam. In multiple world regions, other unrelated root crops are also Ingredients needed for making pounded Yam. Yam – The type of Yam we use is commonly referred. Here's how to serve your fufu meals rolled up like a mat.
PagesOtherBrandKitchen/CookingAll Nigerian RecipesVideosRolled Semo, Pounded Yam, Fufu. Yam is the common name for some plant species in the genus Dioscorea (family Dioscoreaceae) that form edible tubers. Yams are perennial herbaceous vines cultivated for the consumption of their starchy tubers in many temperate and tropical regions, especially in Africa, South America and the Caribbean. pounded yam. You can cook Rolled pounded yam using 2 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rolled pounded yam
- It’s of Yam.
- Prepare of Water.
Used in countries where pounded yam is eaten (lower West Africa, particularly Nigeria, Cameroon, and Ghana). I could have spent time, rolling the pounded yam in a clear cellophane wrap trying to make it all #We know fresh yam, can boil a little softer, so if the yam is mushy, the resulting pounded yam will. Find pounded yam stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day.
Rolled pounded yam step by step
- After peeling the yam, wash it, add water and place it on fire to cook..
- Let the yam overcook till the water looks starchy.
- Using motar and pistel, pound the yam very well until it sticks together.
- Dip the pistel in the starchy water and continue pounding the yam for a while.
- Roll the pounded yam into a ball then into a rectangle.
- Place it on a cling film at the centre and close sides of the film (one side on top of the other) the way you tie wrapper.
- Using a rolling pin, gently roll over it back and forth untill you get the desired thickness.
- Open the film and start rolling the poundo (not with bare hands) bt with the help of the film.
- I stacked 3 rolled poundos and used spring onions to tie together (to give it an extra ordinarily beautiful look😊🤗) try it, share and tell me what ur guests or dat special some1 thinks abt it.
A wide variety of pounded yam options are available to you, such as controls type, container material. Place in a pot, add enough water to cover the yams and boil until the yams are tender. (you can poke with a fork to test for doneness). Pounded yam is one of the many yam recipes in Nigeria. it is very delicious and also very popular. I like it best when it is served with egusi soup. Most folks outside the shores of Nigeria are yet to.