Asparagus chicken cassarole. Spread half of the chicken mixture into the prepared dish. Cover with the remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with the reserved Parmesan cheese.
In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the soup, mushrooms, milk, pimientos, soy sauce, pepper and pepper sauce. Remove the chicken onto a plate and set aside. You can cook Asparagus chicken cassarole using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Asparagus chicken cassarole
- Prepare 3 of chicken breasts, chopped.
- It’s 1 of jar of prego white sauce (any flavor).
- Prepare 1 of garlic salt.
- You need 8 of asparagus stalks, chopped.
- It’s 1 packages of French fried onions.
- Prepare 1 of mushrooms and or onions (if desired).
Add in the mushrooms and asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Fresh Asparagus and Chicken Casserole View Recipe this link opens in a new tab. Here's a fresh-tasting and vibrant dish that is perfect for springtime dinners.
Asparagus chicken cassarole instructions
- Preheat oven to 350..
- Spray cooking dish with cooking spray, I like olive oil. Place uncooked chopped chicken into dish..
- Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt then top with chopped asparagus (and mushrooms and onions if you like)..
- Cover evenly with the jar of prego white sauce and bake at 350 for 30 minutes..
- Remove from oven and cover with onion topper then bake for 10 minutes more..
- I served this with cornbread..
Add chicken breasts to the casserole dish. Add chopped asparagus all around and on top of the chicken. Add chopped cooked bacon around and on top of the chicken. The Ritz crackers crushed and drizzled with butter on the top and bottom of the dish make this casserole a fan favorite. The creamy filling made of cream of chicken soup, sour cream, and chicken broth is studded with pieces of cooked chicken, making for a rich and savory treat.