Bacon Wrapped Asparagus. Wrap each bundle in one slice of bacon. I used the Pencil Thin Asparagus. I also cut the slices of bacon length wise in half. forming one thin. long skinny strip.
They browned up perfectly, leaving the asparagus crisp tender. Gather that number of spears and use a slice of bacon to wrap the bundle and secure the spears together. To grill, place bundles on hot grill and cover. You can cook Bacon Wrapped Asparagus using 3 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- It’s 1 of Asparagus.
- Prepare 1 of Bacon of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper flakes.
Toss asparagus with oil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Place bundles on a wire rack set inside an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Wrap each bacon strip tightly around an asparagus stalk, only slightly overlapping the bacon on each stalk (it will shrink during cooking, creating a "striped" pattern). Place seam side down onto the wire rack.
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus step by step
- Wash asparagus and get rid of unwanted asparagus ends..
- Wrap 2 asparagus spears in one slice of bacon. Try to wrap so first end won't unravel..
- Place bacon wrapped asparagus with seam side down of the last end onto a baking sheet lined with foil..
- Sprinke red pepper flakes onto wrapped asparagus. As much or as little as you like..
- Put into NON-PREHEATED oven. Turn oven on to 425 and let cool about 20-25 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking. You can broil on low for the last few minutes if you like it really crispy..
Wrap one-half strip bacon around each asparagus spear, leaving tip and end exposed. Lay on a cookie sheet with sides. Serve warm or at room temperature. Prepare asparagus: Carefully wrap a piece of bacon around an asparagus spear in a spiral. Bacon wrapped Asparagus are the perfect bundles of flavor.